Pain is actually the absence of attention, so the solution is ‘giving your presence’.
There is a simple and beautiful self-healing meditation technique that channels your presence into the diseased limb or the suffering mind. You can try it out the next time you experience pain or suffering. It is definitely a better option than painkillers, whose side-effects sometimes are worse than the original complaint.
Just try this. Suppose you have pain in your leg, or you are suffering because of some external incident.
- Lie down in a dark room.
- Make a conscious effort to forget about your whole body, focusing only on the spot which is causing you pain.
- If it is mental suffering, then forget your whole body and focus only on that incident that caused you suffering.
- As you experience the pain, deliberately drop the word ‘pain’ from your mind.
- Your mental chatter will continue to tell you that you feel pain.
- Switch it off.
- Feel it deeply.
- Experience it with an open mind.
- Look into what is happening inside your mind.
- You will soon see that your mind was just exaggerating the pain.
- Put all your awareness on the center of the pain, and it will soon shrink to become just a tiny point of pain.
- Concentrate completely on this point and you will discover in a sudden moment that the pain disappears, and in its place there is bliss!
source: Living Enlightenment
One thought on “Self-healing meditation technique to channel your presence into the diseased limb or the suffering mind”