Sit for few minutes and pen down all the powerless cognitions in which you are stuck – the memories which puts you in powerlessness – whether remembrance of money, remembrance of relationship, remembrance of your health, or remembrance of yourself. That is I think worst thing, nobody wants to remember them self that is why they try to go for vacation. They jump here, they jump there, they go there, they go here, unfortunately they carry them self with them, what to do? How much you will put the camera all the time outside, “Ohh, what a beautiful destination vacation place!” But inside it is saying, “No, no I am not interested.” Read More
Q: It has been said that an individual has control over his mind. Does this mean that outside minds can still influence an individual’s mind and thought process? How can we control this and be liberated from anger and depression?
Swamiji: Nice question. Do you have control over your mind?
Questioner: Sometimes I find it difficult…
Swamiji: Alright. This is the answer that I get from almost everyone. The statement that an individual has control over the mind, is only said, never practiced and never experienced. Next, outside minds can influence the individual’s mind and thought process. Are you married?
Questioner: Yes! Read More
Karma means action. But action can be of two types. It can either be a reaction or it can be a response.
When somebody insults you and you become angry, he has made you behave the way he wanted. Now if he apologizes, your mood suddenly changes. So he is the master. You are behaving like a slave. You are a victim having no control over the situation. When somebody insults you, you are immediately reacting out of your past experiences. This reaction is karma. It is a binding force. It creates chains for you.
But a response is totally different from reaction. When someone insults you, you don’t need to give in to the emotion of anger rising inside you. You can listen to what he is saying objectively without judging whether it is good or bad, right or wrong. First you listen to him without immediately reacting. Then you respond with awareness. You don’t react from the past. You are now responding from the present.
If the other person is right, you will thank him for pointing out something to you and making you aware of yourself. If he is wrong, you can simply witness the emotion and not react. If the statement is not true, why should you react?
A beautiful story from the life of George Gurdjieff:
George Gurdjieff was a young boy of nine years when his father died. He was from a poor family but his father was a very honest and integrated person. When his father was on his deathbed, he called Gurdjieff and gave him his last teaching.
If somebody insults you, listen silently and in detail to what he is saying. Then tell the person, ‘I am grateful that you have taken so much interest in me. After twenty-four hours I will come and reply to you.’ Gurdjieff promised his father that he would always follow this advice.
In his own old age, Gurdjieff said to his disciples, ‘My father’s simple technique helped me immensely. Because, after twenty-four hours who remains angry? After twenty-four hours, either you find that the person was right or he was not.
If he was right, it means you have an opportunity to learn and improve yourself. Your awareness about yourself has increased. If the person is wrong, there is no need to be agitated because the statement has no solid base.
Let your response be like a pure reflection in a mirror with no judgment. Let it not come from the karmic baggage of the past. Instead let it come from the freshness of the present. Anything that comes from your past experiences is going to create a karmic chain. Anything from the present liberates.
You create your own karma. Karma does not create you. You are not a byproduct of your actions. You are far bigger than your actions.
source: Living Enlightenment
Understand clearly that now you are reading this book because of all your past decisions. You decided to pay attention to the book on display. You decided to buy it. You decided to sit down and read this book now. The totality of all these decisions contributes to your sitting here.
The totality of all these past decisions is your present moment. Now, applying the same logic, the totality of your present decisions will be your future.
This is the essence of karma theory: the totality of all your past is the present, and the totality of your present is your future.
The totality of all your past is the present. The totality of your present will be your future. The problem is that we make most of our decisions unconsciously. We take thousands of decisions unconsciously. That is the reason why we are not able to connect the cause with the effect.
Flood more awareness, more intelligence into your thinking system. Flood more awareness, more consciousness into your decision-making system.
In any given moment, the future is predestined but conditionally. It will be a certain future according to all the totality of events till that time, this is the predestined future. But it is conditional. There is an important factor that can and will change it, it is your consciousness, your will.
Understand, destiny is not something written in stone. It very much depends on how you choose to respond to every situation life presents to you. Your awareness will give you the intelligence and the courage to change the flow of events in your life.
If you don’t know your past completely, you will repeat the same things in the future. If your Thoughts Per Second (TPS) can come down and you know your past as it happened, you won’t repeat the same past in the future. You will then become a karma mukta*, liberated from karma. As of now you are a karma bandha*, bonded to karma because you have not lived your past completely.
For example, your childhood always seems golden. It is the golden past. You may feel your life in college was great, but when you were actually in college, you didn’t really feel that way. Why? Because your suffering has become much more now and in comparison, the past seems very nice! Now you attribute joy to your past and if given a chance you want to repeat it. When you lived through it, did you actually experience it? No!
If you can relax in the present moment, at zero TPS (Thoughts per Second), for at least 11 kshanas, you will penetrate the time shaft. If you can stay in zero TPS for 21 kshanas, you will penetrate the time shaft and can alter the future. This is in your hands.
All meditation techniques are ways to bring down your TPS so that you can penetrate the time shaft.
It is important to understand the concept of kshana. There is no equivalent for this word in the English language. So, let me explain to you what kshana means. Kshana is a measure of time. It is not a second or a minute as many people believe.
The gap between two thoughts is one kshana. We are used to thinking of time in an absolute sense. But a kshana is absolutely relative! The thoughts of every person and the rate at which they come in a person are dependent on that person. Kshana varies from person to person.
If a person is restless and gets too many thoughts in a span of one second, his kshana is shorter because the gap between two thoughts is less.
If a person is calm and collected like a meditator is, he gets fewer thoughts in a given span of time. His kshana is longer because the gap between two thoughts is more.
source: Living Enlightenment
source: Living Enlightenment
The powerful cognition to look into our thoughts, confusions, conclusions, convictions to manifest powers and understand the core principle Intensity is Continuity and Continuity is intensity.
source: Nithyananda Youtube Channel
Re-living is relieving!
The best way to relieve yourself of guilt is to re-live it.
- Sit in a meditative mood.
- Close your eyes and one by one bring to surface each of your guilts.
- Re-live the wounds completely.
- Do not console yourself about the guilt.
- Open your eyes and write it all down in detail.
- Write in as detailed a way as possible.
- You will see that you are free from all the guilt feelings that you are carrying.
source: Living Enlightenment
If you are completely open-minded, every person you meet in your life will cause you to blossom further. But if you are egoistic, even your spouse or your lover cannot cause you to blossom. Please understand, you have a great responsibility to create an open and non-egoistic mind before entering into a relationship such as between husband and wife or between lovers. Then the very feeling will transform you eternally. If this eternal transformation does not happen, you miss a major dimension of your life.
If a husband and wife are unable to create that kind of feeling of being without ego, the relationship cannot be called a relationship. It is similar to the physical relationship in animals. A true relationship is nothing but creating the transformational impact.
You don’t have enough energy because all your emotional energy is taken away by the past incidents or the people who are in your memory, either as attachment or anger or guilt. Your whole energy, your inner space, is occupied and you will not be able to directly feel connected and fall in love with Existence. Read More
Whenever we look at something, the first thing we do is to calculate what we can get from it. It can be a person or an object, that doesn’t matter. Our thoughts start functioning either through fear or through greed to calculate what there is in the situation for us. Our attention is centered on that object or person. It is possible to turn our attention towards our own inner space and ask, ‘What can I contribute?’, ‘What can I add?’, ‘How can I enrich others?’ If the process is only to ask, ‘What can I get out of it?’ then it is driven by lust. If the process asks, ‘How can I enrich it?’ it is driven by love! Lust is an energy that demands. Love is an energy that gives.
Love is an intense experience in one’s inner space. Many of us think love is a choice. We think experience and expression of love is a choice. We think that if we want to, we can handle love; otherwise we can let it go. No! It is not a choice as we think. It is a basic necessity of life.
When I say life, I don’t mean just breathing and staying alive. I mean being alive at the innermost being level, as a live Consciousness. If you can express love, if you can experience love, that is the only way of being alive as a Consciousness. If you don’t experience and express love, you may inhale and exhale, but you can’t say you are a live being. There are so many animals, plants and other things that breathe day in and day out. You will continue to exist like them, that’s all. Read More
- Length breadth depth is not He, he is the space. Logic, heart and cognition is not he, he is the space.
- This 3 does not really constitute a person. And length, breadth, depth, size/shape doesn’t consitute a person. The space constitues a person. The Space you carry decides who you are!
- The space you carry its smell, its flavor comes out of you like energy! Flavor of your space is what i call Shakti! The explosion happening in your inner space is Shakti.
- Good news for you: The moment you manifest even one Shakti I have already entered into your inner space.
- All power manifestation has to start from Space not from Depth.
- Time is non-existent power layer. It is only when Space collides with length, breadth, depth the dust created is time.
- Space is a energy. Length, Breadth, Depth is a mass. When these 2 collides the dust/the atmosphere generated is a time. If length,breadth,depth moves away from the space, the time will not have its existence. It will just settle down.
- Even if you manifest one power once, I have drilled you already upto your space.
- Inner space Shakti cannot dry out because it is not drilling to, it is drilled through your inner space to my inner space.
- One power manifestation even once happening without any confusion, cheating, I already drilled through your inner space. Because only from the space, power manifestation can start.
More and more power manifestation, the affect of time will not effect you.
- Affect of time on your depth is boredom, on your length is tiredness, on your breadth is depression.
- Affect of tiredness will not effect you if you do more and more power manifestation.
- Understand, Listen carefully, nothing, nothing can tire you, depress you, bore you.
- Boredom is 100 times worse than depression. Depression can be handled by reasoning. Boredom not.
- Good news I have for you, even if you have manifested one power once. Initiation has happened, start manifesting more and more and more. More and more and more power manifestation, more and more of consciousness.
- Purpose of human existence is manifesting higher frequency of consciousness, everything else is chunk of junk.
- I tell you, do not trust, do not rely your abilities of length, breadth, depth for ur existence. Rely on your capacities of your space for your existence. That is what is Sannyas. Anthing you want only through your space abilities.
- Plan your lifestyle, your death should not be a cultural shock for you.
- Value yourself only based on your space capabilities, capacities of your space, manifestation of your space, then death will not be a cultural shock. It will be changing from one room to another. From Space what you can manifest celebrate based on that.
- Your whole child idea boundaries, ownership, how silly they look when you grow up, sameway when you get matured all the possesion, ownership identity you built based on length, breadth, depth abilities will look silly.
- Kailashavasi celebrates the manifestations of his space.
- Manifestations of length, breadth, depth are so superficial, they are not worthy, they are not all worthy. Manifestations of space. Celebrate your capability based on your power manifesting abilities and space.