Here is another meditation technique you can try when you feel pain or suffering.
Close your eyes. You don’t have to sit straight. Just sit in a completely relaxed way. If you want to stretch your leg, you can stretch. If you want to sit on the ground, you can. If you want to lean on the wall, you can do that. Just make yourself completely comfortable so that you will face the actual pain or suffering. If you are uncomfortable you might start facing the pain that comes because of your uncomfortable posture. Only if your body is comfortable will you be able to face the real pain or suffering.
- Close your eyes, visualize that from head to toe your body has frozen completely.
- Just stop all movement.
- Just freeze.
- Be like a stone.
- There should be no movement in the eyes, no movement in the hands, no movement in the legs, no movement even for breathing. Just stop, freeze.
- Only the idea that you are frozen should be there inside you. No other idea should be there. Entertain only this one idea that you are completely frozen.
- Do not imagine or visualize any relaxation from it. Relaxation or witnessing consciousness should happen by itself. Until then just be completely frozen.
- You will see that you establish yourself in the ultimate state of bliss.
source: Living Enlightenment