Total Duration: 31 minutes
This is a beautiful, natural meditation to center yourself.
Do not have any food or drink at least three hours before this meditation.
The meditation has two phases: whirling and resting.
Whirling is usually done in a counter-clockwise direction, with the right arm held higher, palm facing upwards, and the left arm lower, palm facing downwards.
If you are uncomfortable whirling counter-clockwise, switch to clockwise.
- Start whirling slowly, letting your whole body be soft and unresisting.
- As you whirl, the passing images will become blurred.
- Let them flow past.
- Don’t try to focus on anything. Focusing will make you dizzy or nauseous.
- Slowly pick up speed, and become the whirling.
- There will be action and movement on the periphery of the circle, but at the center you will feel stillness.
You will feel as if you are a witness to the whirling.
- When you are whirling so fast that you can’t stay upright, your body will fall by itself. Don’t plan the fall.
- As soon as you fall, turn over onto your stomach so that your navel is in contact with the earth.
- Feel your body become one with the earth.
- Keep your eyes closed.
- Remain in the same position, passive and silent, for at least fifteen minutes.
After this meditation, remain silent and meditative for a few hours.
source: Living Enlightenment